Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Moderators in NGG
In NextGenGTA we have admins: BJ (owner), Randoom and Stinger (guys that BJ trust); we have Event Hosts (ppl that host events) and moderators.
I think that moderators should be chosen by comunity, of course there should be some limits who can be moderator (for example being NGG member for 1 year ... ) and there should be limits who can wote (for example regulars only ).

Lemme know what you think about this in comments. Wink
LipFi333 
[Image: photo.jpg]

dont we have enought mods?
CPU:PENTIUM G4560
GPU:MSI RX460 4GB
[Image: 76561198015949406.png]
Away
i think we do have enough moderators + they are all on a different times

but if we did have a vote, my vote goes to valy
lol

join my discord:  https://discord.gg/DVgGBSg
I doubt this'll happen. I would oppose it myself. Members would choose people they like. Yes, that is an important quality, but there's much more behind. When we're choosing mods now we are looking at what people would like. When REB became a moderator for example that was partly because of the praise of the members, same for chatters.
But choosing moderators solemnly based on community votes would probably result certain things we're looking for that will be ignored by the members when picking their vote.
Besides, if we (as staff) choose a moderator we try to choose someone whom we think we can work with. The coöperation already isn't great in the forums, so we wanna make sure the moderators work well in the team.
Also, we have enough mods for the time I think. 

However, we might be able to make sure that the members have a bigger impact on the choice/assignment than they had in previous cases. But we'll see about that.
My YouTube Channel               PC Specs
Desktop specs:                                                                                        Laptop Specs: 
CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.6GHz                                                                        CPU: i5 7300HQ
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G 2-Way SLI                            GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz GEiL                                                        RAM: 8GB
Mobo: MSI Gaming 5 Z97
Well fuck moderators! joke, what henelol and h20 said i'm agree with it there are not many members online here..

offtopic:
I have an idea Why don't they make an rank like Owner/founder, leader, super moderator, bronze, silver, gold platinum, car meet, stunt etc? um like you've been hosting like 30 events they give u bronze rank, 50 silver and 100 gold platinum, etc? what do you think?
(09-09-2017, 10:56 PM)H2O Wrote: i think we do have enough moderators + they are all on a different times

but if we did have a vote, my vote goes to valy

I taught that we would completly change mod group, remove and add moderators Smile
LipFi333 

(09-09-2017, 11:27 PM)Stinger Wrote: I doubt this'll happen. I would oppose it myself. Members would choose people they like. Yes, that is an important quality, but there's much more behind. When we're choosing mods now we are looking at what people would like. When REB became a moderator for example that was partly because of the praise of the members, same for chatters.
But choosing moderators solemnly based on community votes would probably result certain things we're looking for that will be ignored by the members when picking their vote.
Besides, if we (as staff) choose a moderator we try to choose someone whom we think we can work with. The coöperation already isn't great in the forums, so we wanna make sure the moderators work well in the team.
Also, we have enough mods for the time I think. 

However, we might be able to make sure that the members have a bigger impact on the choice/assignment than they had in previous cases. But we'll see about that.

Okey I see what you mean by this.
LipFi333 

(09-09-2017, 11:40 PM)UMADBRO_OKAY Wrote: Well fuck moderators! joke, what henelol and h20 said i'm agree with it there are not many members online here..

offtopic:
I have an idea Why don't they make an rank like Owner/founder, leader, super moderator, bronze, silver, gold platinum, car meet, stunt etc? um like you've been hosting like 30 events they give u bronze rank, 50 silver and 100 gold platinum, etc? what do you think?

i like the idea, but i feel like this is probably pretty useless... I'm guessing the result of this would be people constantly asking for ranks, which would be annoying for the moderators granting them. I'd love to have a rank, but this just seems unnecessary and will cause more problems than good
(09-09-2017, 11:40 PM)UMADBRO_OKAY Wrote: Well fuck moderators! joke, what henelol and h20 said i'm agree with it there are not many members online here..

offtopic:

Before the hack, there was ranking, though it was mostly joke rankings iirc.
[Image: 76561198081095082.png]
i'd like be a moderator
[img=0x250]https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohhwnJXHDBacmiZnG/giphy.gif[/img]
(09-10-2017, 12:52 PM)cookedporkchop10 Wrote:

offtopic:

i like the idea, but i feel like this is probably pretty useless... I'm guessing the result of this would be people constantly asking for ranks, which would be annoying for the moderators granting them. I'd love to have a rank, but this just seems unnecessary and will cause more problems than good

I agree with Cooked here. 
The idea is nice and all, and we did have it on the old forums, but it was shit to deal with. People would ask to get their medals all the time when they reached a milestone. I (and I guess most moderators and admins) already get plenty of questions. 
We chose not to do the post ranks, cuz in the beginning of the forums it resulted in lots of shitposting cuz people wanted their medals. Implementing it now is a lot of work, cuz u need to go by every member with posts and has no actual value. 
You're even talking about expanding it to the amount of events a person has joined. Doing that is virtually undoable, since unlike posts this is not automatically administered by the website or something. It means we would have to write it down for every person who hosts events. The current ranking system is fine, we don't need to change it.
My YouTube Channel               PC Specs
Desktop specs:                                                                                        Laptop Specs: 
CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.6GHz                                                                        CPU: i5 7300HQ
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G 2-Way SLI                            GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz GEiL                                                        RAM: 8GB
Mobo: MSI Gaming 5 Z97
Well done Lipfi you getting +1 to your karma for  initiative

My own opinion - Admins and mods is only BJ's choice. Others can only suggest or recommend someone as for as against.
Some ppl maybe know there was a precedent. But please do not forget that badge M is not only an opportunity to use some kind of force,
 but also a huge responsibility. It's not just a mark for 6-7 years of being in the community, as some thought

Nevertheless, Democracy in all its manifestation. But I think that the number of moderators is even greater than it is required for the current number of users.
Randoom and Kepler isn't here for some reason, but we don't feel it sensitively.

Thank you H2O for your trust, I will regard this as a personal and kind relations, but not necessary.
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Intel Core i-5 6500 / Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060
24Gb RAM DDR4 / SSD 240Gb / HDD 2000Gb
My YouTube
I think pretty much everything that could be said has been mentioned so I'll just say my 2 cents here.
-I agree with Stinger 100%. Yeah, it happens rarely that some people get ranks for no good reason (verified speaker, rarely moderator..) but we pretty much have that under control now. If we need more staff, we will ask people who seem appropriate for the job (you can always reccommend people to admins..).
-The ranks would be a pain to do and they're pretty much useless anyways. If you want an icon on ts, just ask (just not for verified speaker/staff, I'll murder you if you do that).

---

Moved to suggestions.
Can we get an official statement stating why specific people are being chosen to be a moderator?
This is a community right?
So we all should have a contribution towards the moderators being chosen.
I'm not saying only the members gets to choose, of course admins get the final vote so the new moderator is appropriate for the role.

By the way I'm talking about Rosastar1991, Why was she chosen as a moderator?
Intel Core i7 6700HQ / Nvidia Geforce GTX970M 6Gb 

16Gb RAM DDR4 @ 2144Mhz / SSD 240 Gb / HDD 1TB
(09-16-2017, 02:57 PM)kasper Wrote: Can we get an official statement stating why specific people are being chosen to be a moderator?
This is a community right?
So we all should have a contribution towards the moderators being chosen.
I'm not saying only the members gets to choose, of course admins get the final vote so the new moderator is appropriate for the role.

By the way I'm talking about Rosastar1991, Why was she chosen as a moderator?

Yeah, Rosa became a mod only because BJ wanted her to be one, we hadn't talked about it with him prior to that, this should change though.

Short version of what BJ said about her: very enthusiastic about the community, active on TS, overall a nice person to be around.
Interesting.
Intel Core i7 6700HQ / Nvidia Geforce GTX970M 6Gb 

16Gb RAM DDR4 @ 2144Mhz / SSD 240 Gb / HDD 1TB
That's wonderful! hope we aren't thirsty...